Borax water is toxic because borax itself is toxic.
Borax water is a solution mixed with clean water and white borax powder. Long term intake of borax water will have a serious impact on human digestive system and reproductive system, and damage liver and kidney function at the same time.
The harm of borax water to human body is generally taken through mouth and nose. If you accidentally take borax water, it is recommended to see a doctor in time.
Borax, generally written as Na2B4O7 · 10h2o, is a very important boron containing mineral and boron compound. It is usually a white powder containing colorless crystals and is easily soluble in water.
Borax has a wide range of uses. It can be used as detergent, cosmetics, insecticide, buffer solution and other boron compounds. Borax is highly toxic. If the human body ingests too much boron, it will lead to cumulative poisoning of multiple organs.
Boric acid poisoning is caused by the rapid absorption of boric acid from the gastrointestinal tract, damaged skin and mucosa, and the accumulation of boric acid in the body. Boric acid can be distributed in brain, liver, kidney and other organs, resulting in brain edema, liver and kidney damage and so on. The main clinical manifestations were headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, abdominal colic, diarrhea and rash. Severe patients can have life-threatening conditions such as convulsion, delirium, coma, even shock and acute renal failure.